Autumn is the perfect time to start tidying up your home, but don’t forget about the essential home maintenance jobs that everyone should do before then. Here are 10 of them.
It’s no secret that autumn is a time for a change. And that change includes cleaning up your home in preparation for the new season. In order to keep your property in good condition and make it ready for occupancy, follow these tips:
1. Remove all unneeded objects from the room or house. This will help to create an environment that is conducive to relaxation and a sense of calm.
2. Make sure all surfaces are clean and free of dirt, dust, and other debris.
3. Maintain the property temperature by taking advantage of warm weather policies and keeping windows open as much as possible.
4. Install appropriate heating/cooling systems to maintain comfortable living conditions throughout the home during winter or hot summer days.
5. Keep any yard areas mowed and trimmed so that they look neat and tidy when winter comes around (or so you don’t have to go out there).
6. Keep any carpets aired out regularly in order not to leave them too thick or heavy for the cold weather months to come.
7. Regularly check on plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, and other systems in your home in order to ensure that they are functioning properly and without malfunctions during fallow season conditions.
8. Make sure your home is stocked with necessary items for the season such as lampshades, quilts, and pillows.
9. Allow your home to rest undisturbed for at least four hours after dinner to allow all of the body’s natural processes to take place.
10. Keep a safe and comfortable place for yourself to relax and de-stress while away from your home during fall season conditions.
How to Make Your Home More Pests-resistant
The first step to getting rid of pests in your home is to make sure you have the right supplies. You need to purchase pest-resistant home items, such as traps and pesticide treatments. You can also plant mosquito-proofing plants in areas where they congregate, or get rid of rodents in your home by using rodenticides.
Buy Pest-resistant Home Items
The second step is to find the right pieces of equipment for pest control. You’ll need to purchase a trap, a bait station, and a controller so you can set the trap and bait according to the pests you’re targeting. You can also buy insecticidal products to kill insects in your home).
Plant Mosquitoes-proofing Your Home
You can also help protect your home from mosquitoes by planting mosquito-proofing plants. Place these plants around doorways and windows, or place them inside areas that are frequented by mosquitoes (like closets and bathrooms). By doing this, you’ll help keep mosquitoes from coming into your home and spreading their larvae or eggs outside.
Reach out to our team of expert handymen today to explore the ways in which we can offer our assistance!